Do you and your dog have an active lifestyle? Does your dog get a lot of exercise? FitDog Recovery products have been developed to meet the special needs of active dogs.
As a result of an intense exercise, the dog is low on energy, the body is fatigued and the fluid balance is disturbed. Recovery starts right after the exercise and that is when the energy level and fluid balance must be restored. Dog’s recovery can be supported significantly with fast absorbing carbohydrates given after exercise.
Why does my dog need the FitDog products?
- Dogs that train and compete actively can be regarded as athletes.
- These dogs face a lot of physical stress in their daily lives
- In order to succeed you need to ensure the performance and effective recovery of your dog. Also in some special situations the dog needs extra rehydration (old dogs, recovering from surgery, bitches with puppies).
- Sport drinks for people and horses are not suitable for the use of dogs as the physiology of dogs is so different – for instance dogs are not sweating as people and horses
- Dogs need products that are developed to their specific needs
Taking care of the rehydration level of the dog
- The body temperature of a dog rises quickly
- Dogs dehydrate at a much quicker rate than humans do, because they have sweat glands only on their nose and feet.
- Exercise increases the need for rehydration
- Warm weather increases the possibility for dehydration but it can occur also during winter time !
- In general, dog needs 0,5-1dl/kg of water -> dog weighting 20 kilos needs 1 litre of water daily
- Exercise and warm weather increases the need for water !
- Already 3-4% of dehydration influences the physical performance of the dog
- 7-8% of dehydration can be dangerous and needs medical treatment
Influence of physical stress on the need of energy
- The approximate energy demand of the dog increases 10% after 1 hour of physical exercise
- During long competition days in agility and for hunting , the energy demand can increase to double
- For sleddogs the energy demand can increase to triple during
- During long exercise, most of the energy intake comes from fat
FitDog Recovery Potato drink powder can be used for all dogs after training and competitions to ensure the recovery from the physical exercise and to complement the energy and vitamin levels of the dog’s body. The product supports dog’s recovery and its performance. Give the recovery drink to your dog within 30 minutes after exercise. Mix the powder with water by shaking it in a bottle.
FitDog Recovery Potato drink powder contains potato based maltodextrin which is a fast absorbing carbohydrate. FitDog recovery products help to restore the dog’s glycogen level quickly and makes the recovery more effective after exercise. The product contains magnesium and vitamin B, C and E which are needed especially after an intense workout. The product also contains milk powder and meat flavour which makes the product tasty.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
Metabolizable energy 1,4 MJ / 328 kcal
Carbohydrate 83,9 g
Ash 2,8 g
Sodium 0,29 g
Magnesium 0,13 g
Protein 9,2 g
Fat 0,25 g
Raw fibre 0 g
Vitamin B1 1,3 mg
Vitamin B2 6,7 mg
Vitamin B3 26,7 mg
Vitamin B5 26,7 mg
Vitamin B6 3,3 mg
Vitamin B9 0,53 mg
Vitamin B12 0,067 mg
Vitamin C 6,7 mg
Alpha-tocopherol 13,3 mg
Ingredients: potato based maltodextrin, milk powder, magnesium acetate
Additives: meat flavour, vitamins
Package sizes: 600g and 250g