FitDog products for active dogs
Energy+Rehydrate drink powder is used for rehydration and to supplement the energy level of the dog before and during exercise as well as in special situation in which the dog needs extra rehydration. The product is suitable for sports and working dogs, bitches nursing puppies, old dogs and dogs recovering from surgery or illness and all dogs in warm weather.
FitDog Energy+Rehydrate drink powder contains over 50 % vegetable fat which is easily digestible energy for a dog. The product also contains fast absorbing carbohydrates and protein.
Why does my dog need the FitDog products?
- Dogs that train and compete actively can be regarded as athletes.
- These dogs face a lot of physical stress in their daily lives
- In order to succeed you need to ensure the performance and effective recovery of your dog. Also in some special situations the dog needs extra rehydration (old dogs, recovering from surgery, bitches with puppies).
- Sport drinks for people and horses are not suitable for the use of dogs as the physiology of dogs is so different – for instance dogs are not sweating as people and horses
- Dogs need products that are developed to their specific needs
Taking care of the rehydration level of the dog
- The body temperature of a dog rises quickly
- Dogs dehydrate at a much quicker rate than humans do, because they have sweat glands only on their nose and feet.
- Exercise increases the need for rehydration
- Warm weather increases the possibility for dehydration but it can occur also during winter time !
- In general, dog needs 0,5-1dl/kg of water -> dog weighting 20 kilos needs 1 litre of water daily
- Exercise and warm weather increases the need for water !
- Already 3-4% of dehydration influences the physical performance of the dog
- 7-8% of dehydration can be dangerous and needs medical treatment
Influence of physical stress on the need of energy
- The approximate energy demand of the dog increases 10% after 1 hour of physical exercise
- During long competition days in agility and for hunting , the energy demand can increase to double
- For sleddogs the energy demand can increase to triple during
- During long exercise, most of the energy intake comes from fat
Nutritional value per 100 g:
Metabolizable energy 2,5 MJ / 587 kcal
Fat 53,7 g
Protein 20,3 g
Carbohydrate 17,1 g
Ash 2,8 g
Raw fibre 1,1 g
Sodium 0,5 g
Ingredients: fat powder (vegetable fat), soy protein
Additives: meat flavour
Feeding Instructions: Product is used for rehydration and to supplement the energy level of the dog before and during exercise as well as in special situation in which the dog needs extra rehydration. The product is suitable for active dogs, bitches nursing puppies, old dogs and dogs recovering from surgery or illness.
Usage before and during exercise: Mix 2 tablespoons of powder in 1-2 dl of water. Mix the powder with water by shaking it in a bottle. During the competition or exercise day, the product can be given several times in small dosages to sustain the energy level of the dog.
Rehydration: It is recommended to start rehydration and energy supplementing 1-2 days before exercise or need for extra rehydration. Rehydration is done by giving a small amount (1-2 dl) of rehydration drink several times during the day. In case there is no need for extra energy but only for rehydration, you can mix a small amount of powder in water to make the water tasty.
Mix the powder with water by shaking it in a bottle.Mixed drink is mushy and according to our taste tests the drink is very tasty even for picky dogs.
FitDog Finland Ltd was founded in January 2012. The mission of the company is to develop and produce high quality nutritional supplements for the wellbeing all dogs.
All our products are developed in Finland in collaboration with veterinary and food technology experts. Products are tested and manufactured in Finland.